Grade 3 place value worksheets
In third grade, children learn four-digit numbers (thousands), practice skip-counting by various intervals, and round numbers to the nearest ten and nearest hundred.
These worksheets are generated automatically each time you click on a link. You can print the worksheet directly from your browser window, but first check how it looks like in the "Print Preview".
If the worksheet does not fit the page in the Print Preview, adjust your margins, header, and footer in the Page Setup settings of the browser. Or, adjust the "scale" to 90% or less in the Print Preview. Some browsers may have "Print to fit" option, which will automatically scale the worksheet to be so small as to fit the printable area.
The problem sheets are randomly generated, so you will get a different one just by refreshing the page in your browser (press F5).
All worksheets come with an answer key.
Jump to worksheets for:
- Build a three-digit number from the parts
- Find the missing part from a 3-digit number
- Build a four-digit number from the parts
- Find the missing part from a 4-digit number
- Skip-count by 100 starting from 1200
- Skip-count by 200 starting from 600
- Skip-count by 200 starting from 2,500
- Skip-count by 300 starting from 300
- Skip-count by 400 starting from 400
- Skip-count by 400 starting from 1,700
- Skip-count by 500 starting from 500
- Skip-count by 150 starting from 0
- Skip-count by 250 starting from 0
- Round to the nearest ten, within 0-1,000
- Round to the nearest hundred, within 0-1000
- Round to the nearest hundred, within 0-10,000
If you wish to have more control on the options such as number of problems or font size or spacing of problems, or range of numbers, just click on these links to use the worksheet generators yourself: