Grade 2 subtraction worksheets
In second grade, children practice subtraction a lot. They learn the basic subtraction facts by heart, subtract mentally in various ways, and learn regrouping (borrowing) in subtraction with two- and three-digit numbers.
These worksheets are generated automatically each time you click on a link. You can print the worksheet directly from your browser window, but first check how it looks like in the "Print Preview".
If the worksheet does not fit the page in the Print Preview, adjust your margins, header, and footer in the Page Setup settings of the browser. Or, adjust the "scale" to 90% or less in the Print Preview. Some browsers may have "Print to fit" option, which will automatically scale the worksheet to be so small as to fit the printable area.
The problem sheets are randomly generated, so you will get a different one just by refreshing the page in your browser (press F5).
All worksheets come with an answer key.
Jump to worksheets for:
- Subtracting within 0-10
- Subtracting within 0-10, missing numbers
- Subtracting within 10-19
- Practice of subtraction facts within 10-18
Add and subtract 3 single-digit numbers
Add and subtract 4 single-digit numbers
- Subtracting a single-digit number from a two-digit number (no borrowing)
- Subtracting a single-digit number from a two-digit number; missing number
- Subtract a single-digit number from a whole ten
- Subtract a single-digit number from a two-digit number; need to "borrow"
- Subtract a single-digit number from a two-digit number, missing minuend or subtrahend
- Subtracting whole tens from whole tens within 0-1000
- Subtracting whole tens, missing minuend or subtrahend, within 0-1000
- Subtracting a whole ten from a three-digit number, answer in same hundred
- Subtracting a whole hundred from a three-digit number
- Subtracting a 2-digit number from hundred
Remember you can simply refresh your browser window to get another worksheet of the same kind.
Most worksheets below involve regrouping (aka borrowing), unless otherwise stated.
- Two-digit subtraction, no regrouping
- Subtract two-digit numbers in columns - missing minuend or subtrahend
- Two-digit subtraction with regrouping
- Subtract a 3-digit number from a 3-digit number (no regrouping)
- Subtract three-digit numbers in columns - missing minuend or subtrahend
- Subtract a 3-digit number from a 3-digit number with possible regrouping in the tens
- Subtract a 3-digit number from a 3-digit number with possible regrouping in the ones