Grade 1 subtraction worksheets
In first grade, children subtract single-digit numbers with numbers from 0 to 10. They solve subtraction problems with a missing number and use addition to solve subtraction problems. Children also learn about 2-digit subtraction without borrowing (borrowing or regrouping is a topic for 2nd grade).
These worksheets are generated automatically each time you click on a link. You can print the worksheet directly from your browser window, but first check how it looks like in the "Print Preview".
If the worksheet does not fit the page in the Print Preview, adjust your margins, header, and footer in the Page Setup settings of the browser. Or, adjust the "scale" to 90% or less in the Print Preview. Some browsers may have "Print to fit" option, which will automatically scale the worksheet to be so small as to fit the printable area.
The problem sheets are randomly generated, so you will get a different one just by refreshing the page in your browser (press F5).
All worksheets come with an answer key.
Jump to worksheets for:
- Subtracting within 0-7
- Subtracting within 0-10
- Subtracting within 0-10, missing minuend or subtrahend
- Add and subtract single-digit numbers, 3 numbers
- Add and subtract single-digit numbers, 4 numbers
- Subtracting within 10-19
- Subtracting a single-digit number from a two-digit number (no crossing the previous ten)
- Subtracting a single-digit number from a two-digit number; missing minuend or subtrahend
- Subtracting whole tens
- Subtracting whole tens, missing minuend or subtrahend
- Subtracting from a whole ten
- Subtract a 1-digit number from a 2-digit number (no regrouping/borrowing)
- Subtract a 2-digit number from a 2-digit number (no regrouping/borrowing)
- Subtraction in columns - figure out the missing minuend or subtrahend
If you wish to have more control on the options such as number of problems or font size or spacing of problems, or range of numbers, just click on these links to use the worksheet generators yourself: