Coordinate grid worksheets - plot points & shapes, move and reflect shapes
Find an unlimited supply of printable coordinate grid worksheets in both PDF and html formats where students either plot points, tell coordinates of points, plot shapes from points, reflect shapes in the x or y-axis, or move (translate) them.
The generator is useful for 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grades — from the time when students learn about the coordinate grid, till they study integers and reflections and translations in the coordinate plane.
You can control the type of problems, number of problems, coordinate plane (either first quadrant or all quadrants), grid image size, maximum for the coordinates (scaling on the grid), workspace, border around the problems, and additional instructions.
The worksheets come with an answer key; however, you need to click to the answer key page immediately after generating a worksheet, because the answer key also is generated 'on the fly', and won't exist later on, should you come looking for it later.
Note: If the coordinate grid image looks like that it is missing some gridlines, not to worry. If you zoom in or print the worksheet, you will see all the lines. This is caused by the fact that the coordinate grid images are higher resolution than what your browser can display. I made them that way so that the grid images would look good when printed (print really "crisp".)
Here are some quick links for ready worksheets. Refresh the worksheet page to get another of the same kind.
- Plot points & shapes or tell coordinates of points (1st quadrant only)
- Plot points & shapes or tell coordinates of points (in all quadrants)
- Plot points & shapes or tell coordinates of points (in all quadrants; scaling on grid is from -20 to 20)
- Move a shape either in 1 or 2 directions (up/down/left/right) (in all quadrants)
- Move a shape either in 1 or 2 directions (up/down/left/right) (in all quadrants; scaling on grid is from -50 to 50)
- Reflect shapes in x- or y-axis (easy level; scaling on grid from -10 to 10)
- Reflect shapes in x- or y-axis (normal level; scaling on grid from -10 to 10)
- Mixture of problems: move shapes or reflect them (in all quadrants)
Coordinate grid worksheet generator
(PDF worksheet only; the orientation of an html worksheet can be set in the print preview of the browser)
Font: Font Size:
Additional title & instructions (HTML allowed)|
This workbook has been compiled and tested by a team of math experts to increase your child's confidence, enjoyment, and success at school. Fifth Grade: Provides practice at all the major topics for Grade 5 with emphasis on addition and subtraction of fractions and decimals. Includes a review of Grade 4 topics.