Canadian Money Worksheets
This generator makes worksheets for counting Canadian coins and bills. You can choose to include or not include the penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half-dollar, one dollar (loonie), two-dollar (toonie), five-dollar bill, and ten-dollar bill. You can also limit the money value to less than $1 (the answers will be in cents), less than $2, less than $5, less than $10, less than $50, or less than $100.
You can choose the number of problems on the worksheet and the maximum number of coins/bills included in the problems. Since the coin and bill images easily fill the page, the higher that maximum number is, the less problems will fit in the page. Please change the different options until you are happy with the final result. To make the images larger or smaller, change the "zoom" option in your browser's print preview or in the menu "View -> Zoom".
Basic instructions for the worksheets
Each worksheet is randomly generated and thus unique. The answer key is automatically generated and is placed on the second page of the file.
You can generate the worksheets either in html or PDF format — both are easy to print. To get the PDF worksheet, simply push the button titled "Create PDF" or "Make PDF worksheet". To get the worksheet in html format, push the button "View in browser" or "Make html worksheet". This has the advantage that you can save the worksheet directly from your browser (choose File → Save) and then edit it in Word or other word processing program.
Sometimes the generated worksheet is not exactly what you want. Just try again! To get a different worksheet using the same options:
- PDF format: come back to this page and push the button again.
- Html format: simply refresh the worksheet page in your browser window.
- Nickels and dimes only - amounts less than $1.00 - up to 6 coins
- Nickels and dimes only - amounts less than $1.00 - up to 12 coins
- Nickels, dimes, and quarters - amounts less than $1.00 - up to 6 coins
- Nickels, dimes, and quarters - amounts less than $1.00 - up to 10 coins
- Nickels, dimes, and quarters - amounts less than $2.00 - up to 10 coins
- Nickels, dimes, and quarters - amounts less than $5.00 - up to 15 coins
- All seven different coins - amounts up to $5.00
- The five different small coins (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and half-dollars) - amounts up to $10 - up to 8 coins
- Dollars only (loonie, toonie, 5-dollar bill, 10-dollar bill)
- All common coins and 5-dollar bill
- All common coins and 5-dollar and 10-dollar bills
Primary Grade Challenge Math by Edward Zaccaro
A good book on problem solving with very varied word problems and strategies on how to solve problems. Includes chapters on: Sequences, Problem-solving, Money, Percents, Algebraic Thinking, Negative Numbers, Logic, Ratios, Probability, Measurements, Fractions, Division. Each chapter’s questions are broken down into four levels: easy, somewhat challenging, challenging, and very challenging.