Free worksheets for the volume and surface area of cubes & rectangular prisms
This generator makes worksheets for the volume and surface area of cubes & rectangular prisms. The problems show a picture of the prism with its dimensions, and ask for either volume or surface area. This generator is meant for 5th and 6th grades when students learn about volume, and includes worksheets for rectangular prisms with fractional edge lengths.
You can also make problems where the volume or surface area is given, along with some dimensions, and then you need to calculate either the volume or the surface area. These worksheets are good for 7th-9th grades as they are more challenging and may require the use of an equation.
You can control the type of problems, number of problems, maximum number used, the types of fractions used, workspace, border around the problems, and additional instructions.
The worksheets come with an answer key; however, you need to click to the answer key page immediately after generating a worksheet, because the answer key also is generated 'on the fly', and won't exist later on, should you come looking for it later.
Here are some quick links for ready worksheets. Refresh the worksheet page to get another of the same kind.
- Find the volume of a prism when its dimensions are given or edge length of a cube when its volume is given (easy)
- Find the volume or surface area of rectangular prisms (easy)
- Find the volume or surface area of rectangular prisms (using decimals)
- Problem solving: find the volume/surface area/edge length of cube (for 6th/7th grade)
- Problem solving: find the volume or surface area when either surface area or volume and some dimensions are given (for 8th/9th grade as you will need to solve an equation)
- Find the volume of a rectangular prism with fractional edge lengths (easy: halves, thirds, and fourths; the whole number part is max 2)
- Find the volume of a rectangular prism with fractional edge lengths (halves, thirds, and fourths; the whole number part is max 5)
- Find the volume of a rectangular prism with fractional edge lengths (challenge)
Volume/Surface area of rectangular prisms worksheet generator
(These determine the number of problems)
Number of empty lines below the problem (workspace)
Font: Font Size:
Additional title & instructions (HTML allowed):|
The book boasts 300 pages jam-packed with curriculum-based activities and exercises in every subject, with a focus on math and language arts. Original full-color illustrations throughout give the book a bright, lively style that will appeal to older kids. It is engaging, user-friendly, and written to make schoolwork fun. Sixth graders will delve into research and analysis, metaphor and meaning, ratios and proportions, expressions and equations, and geometry. The workbook covers spelling and vocabulary, writing, social studies, science, and more.