South African money Worksheets (rand & cents)
This generator makes maths worksheets for counting South African coins and bills. You can choose to include or not include the 5-cent coin, 10-cent coin, 20-cent coin, 50-cent coin, 1-rand coin, 2-rand coin, five-rand bill, 10-rand bill and 20-rand bill. You can also limit the money value to less than 1 rand (the answers will be in cents), less than R2, less than R5, less than R10, less than R50, or less than 100 rand.
You can choose the number of problems on the worksheet and the maximum number of coins/bills included in the problems. Since the coin and bill images easily fill the page, the higher that maximum number is, the less problems will fit in the page. Please change the different options until you are happy with the final result. The "cellpadding" option controls the white space around the problem. To make the images larger or smaller, change the "zoom" option in your browser's print preview or in the menu "View -> Zoom".
After you have generated a worksheet, you can just refresh the page from your browser window (or hit F5) to get another worksheet with different problems but using the same options!
You can print the worksheet directly from your browser, or save it on disk using the "Save as" command of your browser.
If the problems on the worksheet don't fit on the page, choose less problems, decrease the maximum number of coins/bills shown, choose a smaller font, or less cellpadding. All worksheets come with an answer key.
Some quick links:
- 5-cent, 10-cent and 20-cent coins - amounts less than R1 - up to 6 coins
- 5-cent, 10-cent, 20-cent, and 50-cent coins - amounts less than R2 - up to 6 coins
- 5-cent, 10-cent, 20-cent, and 50-cent coins - amounts less than R5 - up to 10 coins
- 5-cent, 10-cent, 20-cent, 50-cent, 1-rand and 2-rand coins - amounts less than R5 - up to 8 coins
- 5-cent, 10-cent, 20-cent, 50-cent, 1-rand, 2-rand, and 5-rand coins - amounts less than R10 - up to 8 coins
- Only the R1, R2, and R5 coins plus 10-rand and 20-rand bills - up to 8 coins/bills
- All the coins plus 10-rand and 20-rand bills - up to 8 coins/bills
- All the coins plus 10-rand and 20-rand bills - up to 12 coins/bills
- All the coins plus 10-rand and 20-rand bills - up to 15 coins/bills
South African Money Worksheets
Primary Grade Challenge Math by Edward Zaccaro
A good book on problem solving with very varied word problems and strategies on how to solve problems. Includes chapters on: Sequences, Problem-solving, Money, Percents, Algebraic Thinking, Negative Numbers, Logic, Ratios, Probability, Measurements, Fractions, Division. Each chapter’s questions are broken down into four levels: easy, somewhat challenging, challenging, and very challenging.