Free worksheets for counting money
Find here an unlimited supply of printable money worksheets for counting US coins and bills. The worksheets are highly customizable and available in both PDF and html formats.
You can include any of the common coins: the penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and half-dollar; plus one-dollar, five-dollar, and ten-dollar bills. You can limit the total money value to be less than $1 (the answers will be in cents), less than $2, less than $5, less than $10, less than $50, or less than $100.
You can choose the number of problems on the worksheet and the maximum number of coins/bills included in the problems. Since the coin and bill images easily fill the page, the higher that maximum number is, the less problems will fit in the page. Please change the different options until you are happy with the final result. The "cellpadding" option controls the white space around the problem. To make the images larger or smaller, change the "zoom" option in your browser's print preview or in the menu "View -> Zoom".
After you have generated a worksheet in your browser, you can just refresh the page from your browser window (or press F5) to get another worksheet with different problems but using the same options!
If the problems on the worksheet don't fit on the page, choose less problems, decrease the maximum number of coins/bills shown, choose a smaller font, or less cellpadding. All worksheets come with an answer key.
Counting money worksheets - examples
- Pennies, nickels, and dimes only - amounts less than $1.00 - up to 6 coins
- Pennies, nickels, and dimes only - amounts less than $1.00 - up to 12 coins
- Pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters - amounts less than $1.00 - up to 6 coins
- Pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters - amounts less than $1.00 - up to 10 coins
- Pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters - amounts less than $2.00 - up to 10 coins
- Pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters - amounts less than $5.00 - up to 15 coins
- All five different coins (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and half-dollars) - amounts up to $10 - up to 8 coins
- The four common coins plus $1 and $5 bills - up to 10 coins/bills
- All coins and the $1, $5, and $10 bills - up to 15 coins/bills
Interactive Count Money Activity
This interactive tool allows children to practice counting money or the teacher to illustrate how to count money using a whiteboard. By pushing the 'Automatic' button, you're given an amount of money to count. Alternatively you can drag any coins and bills to the workmat area yourself. The 'Total' button then reveals the correct answer.
Counting Money Worksheets Generator
empty lines below problems (workspace)
(PDF worksheet only; the orientation of an html worksheet can be set in the print preview of the browser)
Font: Font Size:
Additional title & instructions (HTML allowed)|
This workbook has been compiled and tested by a team of math experts to increase your child's confidence, enjoyment, and success at school. Second Grade: Provides practice at all the major topics for Grade 2 with emphasis on addition and subtraction of larger numbers. Includes a review of Grade 1 topics and a preview of topics in Grade 3.