Coordinate grid worksheets - plot points & shapes, move and reflect shapes
With this generator, you can make free worksheets where students plot points on the coordinate plane, tell the coordinates of points, plot shapes from points, reflect shapes in the x or y-axis, or move them up, down, left, or right (translations). This generator is useful for 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grades — from the time when students learn about the coordinate grid, till they study integers and reflections and translations in the coordinate plane.
You can control the type of problmes, number of problems, coordinate plane (either first quadrant or all quadrants), grid image size, maximum for the coordinates (scaling on the grid), workspace, border around the problems, and additional instructions.
The worksheets come with an answer key; however, you need to click to the answer key page immediately after generating a worksheet, because the answer key also is generated 'on the fly', and won't exist later on, should you come looking for it later.
Note: If the coordinate grid image looks like that it is missing some gridlines, not to worry. If you zoom in or print the worksheet, you will see all the lines. This is caused by the fact that the coordinate grid images are higher resolution than what your browser can display. I made them that way so that the grid images would look good when printed (print really "crisp".)
Here are some quick links for ready worksheets. Refresh the worksheet page to get another of the same kind.
- Plot points & shapes or tell coordinates of points (1st quadrant only)
- Plot points & shapes or tell coordinates of points (in all quadrants)
- Plot points & shapes or tell coordinates of points (in all quadrants; scaling on grid is from -20 to 20)
- Move a shape either in 1 or 2 directions (up/down/left/right) (in all quadrants)
- Move a shape either in 1 or 2 directions (up/down/left/right) (in all quadrants; scaling on grid is from -50 to 50)
- Reflect shapes in x- or y-axis (easy level; scaling on grid from -10 to 10)
- Reflect shapes in x- or y-axis (normal level; scaling on grid from -10 to 10)
- Mixture of problems: move shapes or reflect them (in all quadrants)
Coordinate grid worksheet generator
Font: Font Size:
|Download 300+ free QUALITY math worksheets|
This workbook has been compiled and tested by a team of math experts to increase your child's confidence, enjoyment, and success at school. Fifth Grade: Provides practice at all the major topics for Grade 5 with emphasis on addition and subtraction of fractions and decimals. Includes a review of Grade 4 topics.