Free math worksheets for basic operations
This worksheet generator allows you to make worksheets for addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication of whole numbers and integers, including both horizontal and vertical forms (long division etc.), and simple equations with variables.
You can make worksheets for...
- basic addition/subtraction facts
- mental addition and subtraction (for example, whole hundreds)
- multiplication tables, including missing factors
- basic division facts, including with remainders
- mental multiplication and division (for example, by powers of ten)
- column-form addition and subtraction, including subtraction with or without regrouping
- column-form multiplication (long multiplication)
- long division
- simple equations using either an empty line or a variable (choose missing addend/subtrahend/minuend/factor/dividend/divisor). This is usable from first grade up to pre-algebra/algebra 1!
All of this can be done either with positive whole numbers or integers (negative numbers) by choosing the range of numbers used. Experiment with the options to customize the worksheets as you like!
For example, you can add any amount of extra space for working out the problems, put a border around each problem, and choose the font and font size, which allows customizing the worksheets for students with visual problems or ADHD.
See below some example worksheet types. The generator can make an enormous variety of worksheets:
- Single-digit addition facts
- Subtraction facts within 18
- Add and subtract whole tens
- Multiplication tables of 6 and 7 practice
- Multiplying by whole tens and hundreds - missing factors
- Long division, 2-digit divisor, 3 or 4-digit dividend
- Simple multiplication and division equations
- Addition and subtraction of integers
- Addition and subtraction equations with integers
... and MANY MORE! You can find LOTS of ready-made links for various addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division worksheets on the grade-level pages: grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6.
A self-teaching worktext for 3rd grade that covers multiplication concept from various angles, word problems, a guide for structural drilling, and a complete study of all 12 multiplication tables.
Download ($5.20). Also available as a printed copy.
A self-teaching worktext for 2nd grade that covers mental addition and subtraction with two-digit numbers, and regrouping in addition and subtraction (carrying & borrowing).
Download ($5.65). Also available as a printed copy.