Australian money worksheets
This generator makes worksheets for counting Australian coins and bills. The worksheets are highly customizable and available in both PDF and html formats.
You can choose to include or not include the 5-cent coin, 10-cent coin, 20-cent coin, 50-cent coin, 1-dollar coin, 2-dollar coin, five-dollar bill, and ten-dollar bill. You can also limit the money value to less than $1 (the answers will be in cents), less than $2, less than $5, less than $10, less than $50, or less than $100.
You can choose the number of problems on the worksheet and the maximum number of coins/bills included in the problems. Since the coin and bill images easily fill the page, the higher that maximum number is, the less problems will fit in the page. Please change the different options until you are happy with the final result.
Basic instructions for the worksheets
Each worksheet is randomly generated and thus unique. The answer key is automatically generated and is placed on the second page of the file.
You can generate the worksheets either in html or PDF format — both are easy to print. To get the PDF worksheet, simply push the button titled "Create PDF" or "Make PDF worksheet". To get the worksheet in html format, push the button "View in browser" or "Make html worksheet". This has the advantage that you can save the worksheet directly from your browser (choose File → Save) and then edit it in Word or other word processing program.
Sometimes the generated worksheet is not exactly what you want. Just try again! To get a different worksheet using the same options:
- PDF format: come back to this page and push the button again.
- Html format: simply refresh the worksheet page in your browser window.
- 5-cent, 10-cent, and 20-cent coins - amounts less than $2.00 - up to 6 coins
- 5-cent, 10-cent, 20-cent, and 50-cent coins - amounts less than $5.00 - up to 9 coins
- All the coins - amounts less than $10.00 - up to 9 coins
- All the coins - amounts less than $20.00 - up to 15 coins
- Only the dollar coins and bills - amounts less than $50.00 - up to 10 coins
- All the coins and the two bills - amounts less than $50.00 - up to 9 coins/bills
- All the coins and the two bills - amounts less than $100.00 - up to 20 coins/bills
Note: The lines you may see on the sides of the coins should NOT be there when it is printed. They are caused by the fact I have provided higher quality images than what would be needed for the web. This will make the images look sharper when printed, but when shown on a web page, it can cause those lines.
|Australian Currency Worksheets|
(PDF worksheet only; the orientation of an html worksheet can be set in the print preview of the browser)
Font: Font Size:
Additional title & instructions (HTML allowed)|
Primary Grade Challenge Math by Edward Zaccaro
A good book on problem solving with very varied word problems and strategies on how to solve problems. Includes chapters on: Sequences, Problem-solving, Money, Percents, Algebraic Thinking, Negative Numbers, Logic, Ratios, Probability, Measurements, Fractions, Division. Each chapter’s questions are broken down into four levels: easy, somewhat challenging, challenging, and very challenging.