Free worksheets for calculating area of triangles, quadrilaterals, and polygons
With this worksheet generator, you can make free worksheets for calculating the area of triangles, parallelograms, other quadrilaterals, and polygons (pentagons/hexagons) in the coordinate grid. The problems give the coordinates of the vertices of the shapes and ask to calculate the area. This is one of the focus areas of 6th grade geometry, according to the Common Core Standards.
One common technique to calculate the area of a polygon in a coordinate plane is to enclose the polygon in a rectangle, and then subtract rectangular and triangular areas until you only have the polygon in question left.
You can control the number of problems, workspace, border around the problems, coordinate plane (either first quadrant or all quadrants), grid image size, maximum for the coordinates, and additional instructions.
Here are some quick links for ready worksheets. Refresh the worksheet page to get another of the same kind.
- Find the area of right triangles - easy (in 1st quadrant)
- Find the area of right triangles (in all quadrants)
- Right triangles, parallelograms, and trapezoids (in 1st quadrant)
- Right triangles, parallelograms, and trapezoids (in all quadrants)
- Triangles and quadrilaterals (in 1st quadrant)
- Triangles and quadrilaterals (in all quadrants)
- Quadrilaterals, pentagons, and hexagons (in 1st quadrant)
- Quadrilaterals, pentagons, and hexagons (in all quadrants)
- Challenge triangles & quadrilaterals (in all quadrants, gridlines every 5 units)
- Challenge triangles & quadrilaterals 2 (in all quadrants, gridlines every 10 units)
Area of triangles, parallelograms, quadrilaterals,
Font: Font Size:
|Download 300+ free QUALITY math worksheets|
A self-teaching worktext for 4th-5th grade that covers angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, cirlce, symmetry, perimeter, area, and volume. Lots of drawing exercises!
Download ($6.90). Also available as a printed copy.