Free Addition Worksheets
Find here an unlimited supply of printable worksheets for addition of whole numbers and integers, including both horizontal and vertical problems, missing number problems, customized number range, and more. The worksheets are available both in PDF and html formats, are highly customizable, and include an answer key.
By controlling the range in the generator below, you can use negative numbers (integers), numbers less than 10, very large numbers, and so on. You can limit the numbers to be multiples of ten, hundred, thousand, or a multiple of any other number by using the "Step" option in the generator.
With the advanced options you can create missing number worksheets, addition problems with 3-6 addends, and additions without carrying (regrouping).
The option Switch addends randomly switches the order of the numbers to be added. For example, if you set addend 1 to be multiples of ten and addend 2 to be multiples of hundred, you will get such problems as 20 + 300 and 400 + 70.
Or, if you set the addend 1 to be negative and addend 2 positive, the option Switch addends randomly makes the negative number sometimes to be first, sometimes second.
To create integer addition problems where the negative numbers occur in any order, set one addend to be negative, another positive, the third one from negative to positive range (such as -10 to 10), and use the option Switch addends randomly.
To create problems about place value, let the range for the first addend to be 0-9, for the second addend from 0 to 90 with step 10, for the third addend from 0 to 900 with step 100, and so on. Then tick the bode for Switch addends randomly and Missing addend options.
These are randomly generated. Once you make a worksheet, you can get another of the same kind by refreshing the page in your browser (press F5 from keyboard).
Worksheets for mental addition
- Missing addend - sums with 9
- Missing addend - sums with 10
- Missing addend random - sum max 10
- Missing addend random within 10 and 20
- Complete the next ten
- Add a 2-digit number and a 1-digit number mentally - within the same ten
- Complete one hundred (missing addend)
- Add two 2-digit numbers - one addend is a whole ten
- Adding 1-digit number to a 2-digit number
You can find many more ready-made mental addition worksheets on these pages:
Worksheets for vertical addition (in columns)
- Add a 2-digit number and a 1-digit number in columns
- Add two 2-digit numbers in columns - no carrying
- Add two 2-digit numbers in columns - figure out the missing addend
- Add two 3-digit numbers in columns - no carrying
- Add two 3-digit numbers in columns
- Add three 3-digit numbers
- Add four 3-digit numbers
- Add four 5 and 6-digit numbers
- Add five 5 and 6-digit numbers
Find many more ready-made column-addition worksheets on these pages:
Place value worksheets
- Build a two-digit number from tens and ones
- Tens and ones - missing addend
- Build a three-digit number from the parts
- Find the missing place value from a 3-digit number
- Build a four-digit number from the parts
- Find the missing place value from a 4-digit number
- Build a 5-digit number from parts
- Find the missing place value from a 5-digit number
- Build a 6-digit number from parts
- Find the missing place value from a 6-digit number
It's best to leave the range for 'sum' empty.
(for PDF worksheet only; the orientation of an html worksheet can be set in the print preview of the browser)
Font: Font Size:
Display negative numbers:with brackets, e.g. (-12)
with a little dash, e.g. −12
No carrying (only with 2 addends)
Missing addend problems
Switch addends randomly
Switch "="-sign beginning/end randomly
Additional title & instructions (HTML allowed)
3 books in 1:
* Basic math
* Math games & puzzles
* Math in action
The activities in this 3-in-1 Super Workbook are designed to designed to help your children catch up, keep up, and get ahead. Includes place value & number sense, addition & subtraction, grouping & sharing, fractions, measurement, time, money, graphs & data, games, and fun activities.